this day of silence has been organised by the girls from Utterly Engaged and all of the details for how to get involved are here. the girls have arranged a fundraiser for Shelterbox a charity that provides boxes for families affected by natural disasters and they include the following items -
- a tent for a family of up to ten people
- a children's pack containing pens, colouring books and other small but much treasured, gifts
- thermal blankets and insulation sheets
- a water purification system
- a basic tool kit that will enable people to improve the current surroundings and chop firewood etc..
- a multi fuel stove, pans utensils bowls and mugs
- the box itself is multi purpose and can even serve as a cot for a baby
your donation can help towards the cost of one of these essential life saving and hope giving boxes for a family suffering in Japan.
if you would like to donate you can here - all donations will make a big difference, large or small - every little helps.
and if you are in the UK like me, you can donate straight to Shelterbox here
if you would like to join in with the Bloggers Day of Silence and help spread the word about Shelterbox please take a look here -
Thank you for reading, and thanks in advance if you able to take part in any way at all.
ABOVE PHOTOGRAPHS - BBC NEWS